10. Which one of the following statements is incorrect?
(a) Up to May, 2015, the Indian Constitution has been
amended 100 times.
(b) The Territory of India, after Seventh Amendment 1956
upto April, 2015 consists of 29 States and 7 Union Territories.
(c) The Capital of Gujarat is Gandhinagar.
(d) The Capital of Gangtok is Sikkim. (Ans : d)
11. The Constitution 73rd Amendment Act 1992 envisages in
Three-tier system of Panchayats in the country, provides for which of the
1. Constitution of District Planning Committee
2. Constitution of a State Election Commission
3. Appointment of a Finance Commission to review the
financial position of the Panchayats.
Select the correct answer using the code given below–
(a) Only 1 (b) 1 and 2 (c) 2 and 3 (d) 1, 2 and 3 (Ans
12. Panchayat Raj is a system of–
(a) local government (b) local administration
(c) local self government (d) rural local self government
(Ans : c)
13. One amongst the following is incorrect, find out–
(a) Sarpanch is responsible for convening the meetings of
(b) Gram Sevak is responsible for the maintenance of
records of Panchayat.
(c) Sarpanch exercises administrative supervision and
control over Panchayat staff.
(d) Sarpanch furnishes reports and record to State
government. (Ans : d)
14. Who is the Highest Law Officer in India?
(a) Attorney General (b) Advocate General
(c) Solicitor General (d) Secretary General Law Department
(Ans : a)
15. Which of the following statements are true about the
Governor of a State?
1. The Executive power of the State is vested in him. 2.
He must have attained 35 years of age.
3. He holds his office at the pleasure of the President.
4. The grounds for his removal are laid down in the Constitution.
Choose the correct answer on the basis of code given
(a) 1, 2 and 4 (b) 1, 2 and 3 (c) 1, 3 and 4 (d) 1, 2, 3
and 4 (Ans : b)
16. EMF induced in a coil rotating in a uniform magnetic
field will be maximum, when the–
(a) flux linked with the coil is maximum (b) rate of
change of flux linked is minimum
(c) rate of change of flux linked is maximum (d) None of
the above (Ans : c)
17. Which of the following types of RNA participate in RNA
(a) m-RNA (b) t-RNA (c) Small nuclear RNA (snRNA) (d)
Heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA) (Ans :a)
18. The source of energy of an ecosystem is–
(a) ATP (b) Sunlight (c) DNA (d) RNA (Ans : b)
19. Chief constituent of natural gas is–
(a) methane (b) ethane (c) butane (d) propane (Ans : a)
20. An EMF of 16 volts is induced in a coil of inductance
4H. The rate of change of current must be–
(a) 64 A/S (b) 32 A/S (c) 16 A/S (d) 4 A/S (Ans : d)
21. PCR is used to detect–
(a) HIV (b) cancer (c) TB (d) cholera (Ans : a)
22. Which of the following is the largest blood vessel in
(a) Aorta (b) Capillaries (c) Pulmonary Vein (d) Heart (Ans
23. The life span of RBC is–
(a) 100 days (b) 110 days (c) 120 days (d) 130 days (Ans
24. Which of the following viruses causes common cold?
(a) Rhino virus (b) T4 virus (c) MSZ virus (d) Simian
virus 40 (Ans : a)
25. From which one of the following plants, the
insecticide pyrethrum is prepared?
(a) Cymbopogon (b) Chrysanthemum (c) Tephrosia (d)
Velivera (Ans : b)
26. When n resistances each of value r are connected in
parallel, then resultant resistance is x, when these n resistances are
connected in series, total resistance is–
(a) nx. (b) mx (c) x/n (d) n2x (Ans : d)
27. Antibodies are–
(a) γ-globulins (b) albumins (c) vitamins (d) sugar (Ans : a)
28. The following reaction is 4NH3(g) + 5O2(g) → 4NO(g) + 6H2O(g)
an example of–
1. displacement reaction 2. combination reaction 3. redox
reaction' 4. neutralisation reaction
(a) 1 and 4 (b) 2 and 3 (c) 1 and 3 (d) 3 and 4 (Ans : c)
29. 18 carat gold contains–
(a) 50% gold (b) 18% gold (c) 60% gold (d) 75% gold (Ans
30. In DC generator, the electricity produced in armature
(a) DC (b) AC (c) armature is not present in DC generator
(d) None of the above (Ans : b)